Monday, December 6, 2010

Long Roof Update

So Saturday I came in early and started prepping the wagon for paint. I cleaned the booth and the wagon and started taping it up. I picked a color from a newer Ford but gave it a little twist by changing the flake and adding a blue pearl (gave it a Bob Job) actually I ran out of tints to mix the color and on Saturday in the afternoon no supply stores were open.
Cleaned and sealer applied now for color.
Color and clear coated, I had to do the roof in 3 sections, man my arm is akin! I'm satisfied with the color and the way it layed down. I was concerned cause I ran out of color towards the very end and didn't have any left to do a layout coat (layout coat evens the metallic down).
Melissa gave me the day off on Sunday to assemble the wagon and I'm grateful for that.
Ahhh Christmas, well almost. My re-chromed bumper for the rear, nice and shiny
Finally assemble and ready to go, I'm going to drive her daily!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello,
This is Bob & Melissa's Blog. We will try and keep it updated, be patient, this is all new to us.

TJ Protector of this Domain