Monday, May 31, 2010

5-31-10 Practice, Practice, Practice

Its been a while since I picked up my brushes and I was in need of some practice time. This weekend has been a little bit of a challenge and this is just one way for me to forget about stuff and slip into a little me time. I have a job that I am doing for a customer, its a medicine cabinet for his bathroom and its at the pinstripe stage so I decided to practice and this blank helmet was the first victim.
I laid out a simple design for the basis
and readied up the paint and brush for the 1st color and then followed up with 2 additional colors


I then moved to the cabinet. We took a 32 Ford reproduction grille shell, mounted a bathroom medicine cabinet in the center of it and coated it with Hot Rod Black. Now for some stripe.

I was up early again Monday morning and felt like doing some more. Elvis is in need of some defining aliment, out came the white with a touch of imitation gold. I stopped at the the tank and front fender, I felt it was enough for now and this is what I came up with.


Elvis will get some more stripes pulled as I progress, it will be a little history of my progress as I learn and advance with my striping. I got to say that I really enjoy doing this and I don't understand why I didn't catch on to this a while ago. I do know that before I started the classes I would get easily frustrated and give up, now I find myself determined and instead of frustration its a calming affect and I enjoy doing it now but just can't seem to find the time to work at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello,
This is Bob & Melissa's Blog. We will try and keep it updated, be patient, this is all new to us.

TJ Protector of this Domain