Sunday, May 23, 2010

5/23/2010 Weekend trip, about 1200 miles

Off to mom & Dad's with Krystal's car. The transmission started to shift hard and needed a rebuild. I called around and  the prices exceeded the value of the car. Krystal's Grandfather (King of the Hill) said to get the car to him and he would rebuild it for her. Melissa had Nikki sit for TJ and we loaded up the truck and trailer and left out Friday afternoon to Mississippi.
Pulled into Mt Vernon, IL for the night, besides the smell and the doors slam'n all night long, we had a great dinner. Ya now I'm get'n old, I locked the keys in the truck and had to break into it with a coat hanger.


I was up around 5am and we were on the road by 7am and made to Mom & Dads for Lunch but had to stop at Boomland for Gas & pickles


Of coarse what would a trip to the Hill be with out having to work on the vehicles while there? My rear got a little leaky and it wasn't from the wonderful dinner the night before (bad joke)
I thought it was just a gasket but the cover was rotted and none of the parts stores had one in stock. I did a BB to it (BB=Bobby Butcher) it worked and held up all the way home.

When I washed the truck some of the stripping I did washed off so I got out the brushes and some color and fixed it and had a little extra and couldn't just toss it away so Herbs tractor got striped
Woke up Sunday to a beautiful sunrise and dew covered landscape

Loaded up and headed home, really wish we could have stayed a little longer.

I just don't understand IL gas pricing, it is hovering around $3 to $3.50 a gallon. This was a relief but didn't last long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello,
This is Bob & Melissa's Blog. We will try and keep it updated, be patient, this is all new to us.

TJ Protector of this Domain